Aims & Scope
Pakistan Journal of Women’s Studies: Alam-e-Niswan is a refereed interdisciplinary journal which aims at disseminating and sharing women’s studies research and feminist scholarship globally. The Journal publishes articles relating to scholarship in the field of Women’s Studies and feminist knowledge. The Editorial Board welcomes a variety of contributions that focus on women’s experience, gender issues, and feminist theory and consciousness. We publish academic/creative writing and artwork, reports from the activists, that are critical, scholarly, and offer fresh perspectives on issues faced by a civil society.
This journal is published twice a year, in June and December. These two issues constitute one volume.
Pakistan Journal of Women’s Studies wishes not just to document women’s experiences locally but globally so that women collectively could work for peace, justice and equity. It is an interdisciplinary journal which aims at disseminating and sharing women’s studies research and feminist scholarship globally.
Major Objectives of Pakistan Journal of Women’s Studies are:
• To create, strengthen and disseminate information and knowledge about and for women globally.
• To establish a network between women, researchers, lobbyists, and policy planners.
• To act as a catalyst in society at large and to bring about the empowerment of women and hence the transformation of the society.
• To critique and reassess the process of gaining and disseminating knowledge.
Pakistan Journal of Women’s Studies publishes:
• Interdisciplinary research in the field of Women’s Studies.
• Conceptual and analytical writings on themes related to women’s status and role.
• Research on curricula, course outlines, reading lists, and teaching strategies related to the discipline of Women’s Studies.
• Reviews of books, films and theatrical performances.
• Reports on national and international conferences, symposia and workshops on Women’s Studies and Feminist pedagogy.
• Creative work, particularly poems, short stories and art.
• PJWS welcomes submissions of autobiographical notes from women who have a story to share with us.
• Work reports of activists and grass-root development workers are welcome.
Articles published in PJWS do not necessarily represent the views of the publisher and of the Editor or the Editorial Board. Authors alone are responsible for the opinions expressed and for the accuracy of the data contained in their articles.